Wednesday, June 29

my grandfather is dead

Ether Keith Aston- my dad's dad- he's gone. He died early April, and we had the funeral on my birthday. I woke up this morning with him on my mind for some reason. It's gross how I'm only just now feeling the effects. I miss him, even though he hasn't really been around lately. Parkinson's and cancer had taken over for the past 2 or 3 years, and I felt bad for him really. I still remember him from before that though, and he was the awesomest guy ever. And now he's gone. ...he's gone. And I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out for him and how he's gone.

At the funeral, all of his kids spoke- my dad, my two uncles and my two aunts. And every single one of them mentioned how he was always saying, "...this too shall pass..." My grandpa really was cool. I love him, and this too shall pass in time.

No comments: