Friday, April 11

4/11/03

Well, I didn't get to say all that I wanted to say last time, but oh, well. Okay, Kristi was just talking to me and she is sad that dad doesn't trust her anymore.

I'm going to get my hair cut tomorrow. It is now just down to my elbows, I think, and I am going to get it cut up to my sholders. I hope that it's ok. I want to donate all of that extra hair to the Locks of Love Foundation for Cancer patients, but they aren't in the phone book and dad didn't want me to call the operater because it cost 75 cents every time that we called them. I just think, -well whoopdedo, who cares about 75 cents- but I wasn't about to tell him that. Oh, well.

In English we're reading the book The Diary of Anne Frank. In it Anne tells her heart's feelings to her journal, and in most of her entrees she says something about her mother and how she's so different from Anne's own personality. She also says that she doesn't even think of her mom as a mom. I think that that's sad. I am SO greatful that mom isn't that way. I love my mom just as she is.

In art we did this really cool project with warm and cool colors. I did a donkey with a fence in the background and the colors fading from light to dark. I think that they look pretty real. I don't think that I could have done them abstract or anything like that and still made it look ok. Oh, well.

In science I finally had an easy test!! I was so excited!! This was the first test that I have ever taken in Hyrnyshyn's that hasn't taken me at least two days in class to finish. Cool, huh? I also had that happen in History, too. It was super easy. I had at least 15 minutes to spare after I had finished. That was so cool to me.

In clothing Emily and I finally finished our boxer shorts. Emily was using this really stretchy material that was like it was from another world, but it was cool. I didn't really measure my waist before I threaded the elastic through, so my waistband is really huge. Oh, well. You know, it took us at least 2 days to get the hems and elastic casing done right. I think that that is kinda sad, but it was our first time trying to read the instructions sheets, plus Mrs. Gonzales was sick for 2 out of the last three days of our sewing. Well, at least we got something done, right?

In drama I think that we're actually going to be doing something fun!! We're working on characterising, so we get to pick a movie scene and do it with our own picked groups!! Casey Volks, Laurie, Rachel, and Bree are in my scene, and we're doing the one from Monty Python and The Holy Grail where they're at the French castle and the French are insulting them. I'm part of the French guy and Laurie's the other part. I'm not really sure who anyone else is, though.

In Drama Troupe yesterday we learned stage combat!! It was really cool and fun to learn. We learned a whole lot of punches and we also learned how to fall and not hurt ourselves. It was cool. Now every time we see each other Michael and I make up a fake fight and use some of the techniques. It is so fun! But, while we were learning the falls, we had to really use our leg muscles. Now I have a dead right upper leg, and I've had one since we were walking home from the Troupe. Sad, huh? Well, I think that I'll get over it fast, or at least I hope so.

Mom also took me birthday shopping and I got some more of the Left Behind Series, and I got 3 of the Song of the Lioness series. Cool, huh?

Well, I gotta go and find some info on where to donate my hair, so bye.

No comments: