Tuesday, September 13

one way

I went driving tonight. Driving... And it made me feel better. Just sitting behind the wheel, going wherever and doing whatever I wanted- it made me feel in control. Total and absolute control over something in my life... now that's something that I haven't felt for a long time. But it's just driving, right? Why is it that something so trivial can relieve so much stress??

Well, for one, when you drive just to drive, there is no destined route to take to get to anywhere. If you feel like turning, you turn, and if you don't know where that road will take you, so much the better, because to drive is to get away from the uniform and familiar and go somewhere new. There's no worry about getting somewhere when you just drive to drive, and no worry about getting there on time; you're just driving to go places and get away from the ordinary. When you're driving, no one's telling you where to go and how to do it- you're the master there. It brings such relief knowing that you are taking your own course of action without having to worry about anyone's requirements.

Going wherever you want is one thing, but doing whatever you want is a totally different aspect. I sped when I wanted to; I went as slow as I wanted to when I wanted to- I irritated the people tailgating me by going slower, and then sped up when I got close to a stoplight, speeding through just in time to leave them sitting at a red light. Nothing could stop me from doing what I wanted tonight. It was great.

Driving tonight after this hell of a day let me loosen up, lastly because I could listen to whatever music I wanted to, and as loud as I wanted without people getting mad. Nobody was around to scold me for listening to my music for once (no one ever is at 11 at night), so I blasted that heart-pumping music at full volume and drove down neighborhood streets screaming away the frustration of the day along with it. Yeah, I screamed... and it felt so good. I didn't care, and neither did anyone else. It was awesome. But, I know my voice is gonna be sore tomorrow... hah, ah.

I love to drive.

2 comments:

ZackHarrison said...

This is why I love the power of blog. You can say what you want and if people don't want to here it they don't but you can just let yourself fly to the world. It's great. Freedom is an aspect in everyones life that we can all take for granted now and then. We need to just sit back and enjoy life. If it causes you some stress it's good for you if it is causing too much then it's horrible. Well Lisa you rock and I hope to see you soon,
~Zack Harrison~

that lisa girl said...

duh, I love you guys too! let's hug. *huggie* :D