Sunday, July 10

I never realized

I went to a barbeque on Saturday. I left with the worst feeling burdening my shoulders, my mind, ...and my heart. Chase is dead. No no, not Chase Chase Brown- Chase Jesperson. I knew him in jr. high and haven't seen him since because he went to Orem High. He was a cool kid, one of those kind that leave an awesome first impression that you never forget. And I haven't forgotten him. And now he's gone.

At the barbeque, my friend who goes to Orem came out and was talking to people, and I overheard their conversation. Chase was at Lake Powell with a bunch of friends, messing around with jetskis on a boat wake; his friend jumped the wake and the jetski hit Chase dead-center on the head, giving him a concussion and brain damage and who knows what else; lifeflight came and took him away and he died in the hospital. He died.

I've been thinking about it a lot since then. He shouldn't have gone. It wasn't his time. It isn't our time either, but who knows how much longer any of us will last?? He had so much he could have shared with the world, with friends and family and other people; but no, that chance is gone now. I never thought about things hard enough to realize how really precious life is. It's such a fragile gift, a fragile experience, and it can be taken away in a flash when we least expect it. Live life to its fullest, people; follow your dreams- chase them to their end, no matter where it takes you. You never know when things will be cut short so that you won't get that opportunity.

I love you all. Don't be stupid and leave me- or anyone else you love- alone. Whatever it is that might take you to those ends- it's not worth it. Drop it and leave it alone. And know this: I love you, I really do. :D

7 comments:

Alex Sousa said...

I know what you mean. I was looking through the obituaries and I came across his name. I knew him back at Lakeridge too. I wasn't good friends with him but I remeber he was pretty cool, he and I always raised hell in our math class and in that respect we had a nice working relationship. It's wierd to think though, the last time I saw him he was laughing the last day of school, having a good time in first period geometry; and now he's dead. He's not full of life, he's just an empty shell, the last reminder to the world that once upon a time he was alive.

Dream as if you'll live forever;
Live as if you'll die today.

wheatable said...

When I die- I want no one to think of me as an 'empty shell'

Have a party when I die and put my ashes into a firework show. Eat hot dogs and dring apple beer and sit on the dug outs and laugh about the good times....

But dont you dare think of me as an empty shell because I will never die if you make sure that I am always alive in your eyes.

No one can cry when I die, becuae I wont be there to cry with you. I permit you to laugh but only if it is full heartely because then... I can be there with you.

"To die would be an awfley big adventure."

Death isnt an end. Its a beginning. Live is fragile- and so is death. Treat it with respect.

"Dont fear death, fear the unlived life."

If you live every second, you dont have to worry about death because you did all you wanted to do in the time you had.

Shamae. said...

ah yes! El Hoffo strikes again. Hooray for the fireworks that is her!

Shamae. said...

oh and, chase's life wasn't cut short. there is no such thing as a life that was "cut short".

Shexpeare said...

He is happier where he is.

wheatable said...

I forgot to say that I LOVE YOU TOO LISA!!! I REALLY DO!!

that lisa girl said...

I just found this out, and ya know, Chase was cooler than I thought. just the monday before he died, he was talking to his family for fhe, and he told them about everything he had done during his life- all the fun and awesome stuff he'd done- he recalled it all and told them, and then he said he was proud of it all. he was happy, and he really wouldn't mind if he died that day.

interesting, isn't it? ...you just never know...