Sunday, July 31

mistrust and betrayal

How do you tell someone close to you that you just don't trust them and there's no possible way that you ever will or ever can?? This question posed in my mind while talking to my sister yesterday. Every other time that I've told her anything, the whole world knew about it within the hour. And, quite frankly, it's rather irritating. So instead of telling her that I had trust issues with her, I said that the reason I don't tell her anything is because I have issues with my other sister who's quite like her in sharing secrets with the universe.

And today when I get home from church, I'm plagued by questions and accusations that I'm a cutter, all because my sister wanted to get back at me for not trusting her (although that aspect is not known to the rest of my family), and because in sacrament meeting she was sitting next to me and saw that my hand had been injured. Now that I look at it, I guess her grounds of calling me a cutter weren't that farfetched- not because I'm really a cutter (cuz I'm not really a cutter, just so you know), but because last night I was being a stupidhead and not paying attention to what the frick I was doing, and I got my hand caught in the door of The Beast. The tops of my fingers aren't really the tops of my fingers anymore; they've been, like, skinned almost.

But that's not my point. My point is, how do you deal with someone like that?? She bothers me when she tries to intrude upon my life, and then goes shouting lies to the skies about what she doesn't know. And now that this has happened, I get to spend a whole week with her and the rest of my family and their stupid suspicions about me at Lake Powell, starting tomorrow at 7am. Gross. No escapes at all. But hey, at least I'll be at Lake Powell, right? ...right??

4 comments:

Shamae. said...

no she doesn't! I was raised by a single mother and look how I turned out! ...wait.

Marisa of the Sea said...

Oh Lisa I love you...You are so cool. I actually had friends ask me if I starved my self... And you know what? Even though I told them that I hated school lunch they still thought that. So it just takes time to get over it. I love you sooo much. Call me the second you get home! (well not the second but you know what I mean).

that lisa girl said...

dude, I've ALWAYS wanted a new mommy!! (no offense to my own mother!!) whoooo! you're cool, and so is shmoo. even though she was raised by her single mother. and marisa is cool too, even though she doesn't like school lunch.

Shexpeare said...

hey, i know they shouldn't assume stuff about you, but they are just worried because they love you honey.
not that thats a good excuse, but... at least its something.
they love you.