Friday, March 14

3/14/03

Today is Pi day. Cool, huh? Well, speaking of math, I had a test in geometry today. I finished just as the bell rang for me to go to my next class. I would have finished earlier, but I wanted extra credit. So that means that I wrote out how I did the different problems, and then I stapled them to the test. I know, you probably think that I'm crazy, but that's what Mr. Barker does.

Also, in math, a couple of days ago we were supposed to write our own circle problem. I wrote,"Wes was in one of those air ball things, and Mr. Barker's 5th period class has just pushed him down a hill that is 2 miles long. How many times will Wes turn if the diameter of the ball is 84 inches?" I felt really bad afterwards, and I still do.

In history yesterday, I presented my bill about making our own natural gas. The class pretty much agreed, but they didn't like how I was going to fund it. So, I changed it from taking money from the military, to taking money from the people who do weird studies for no reason at all. Cool, huh? Not really. Anyways, now my family and that class and anybody else that I told it to won't leave me alone about it. Sad, huh?

In english, Mrs. Jenkins cannot stop giving us homework. First we had that stupid contrast paper, and now we have to read at least 3 short stories outside of class. It's getting really annoying.

In science I really need to get going on my machine. I think that I might build it all out of K'nex after all, except for my screw. I just don't see how I could do that.

I finally finished my vest today in clothing. I went back after school to see if Mrs. Gonzales had finished grading it, but she told me that she hadn't. She did say that I could take it home for the weekend, and just bring it back on Monday. So, that's what I'm doing.

In drama, Miss Skye isn't really fun. Sure, the activities that we did were fun, but her teaching or supervising stuff wasn't. Our class was really obnoxious today. It was really sad. It could have been my best class of the day, but everyone was just hyper, I guess.

For the play, I'm kinda in between on if I still want to be Lucy's understudy. I guess that some of that indecision could be because I'm sick. Sadness! I have not been a happy girl lately. I've been tired all of the time, and my throat started hurting and my nose started running yesterday. Anyways, Kristen was there today, so I didn't have to do her lines. I still want to, but it's a lot of memorizing and watching to see what all of her blocking is. Today I tried to catch it all, but when I tried to go over it just a minute ago, I could bearly remember. Sad, huh? Plus, I'm still a little shy around all of those ninth graders who have the main parts. It bugs me so much. Well, I don't have much else to memorize besides the blocking. It's just a couple parts in a couple of songs, and then whatever lines I don't already know or have memorized.

Our costumes are due on Monday. Mom found a dress that looks like a women's navy outfit that's too short for me. I hope that Melissa will accept it, because I don't want to look for anything else.

I need some new clothes. Almost all of the clothes I have right now are either hand me downs or have a bunch of holes in them or both. Sad, huh?

Well, I feel good about myself when I (11) am not shy around others, (12) have time to read, (13) get my homework done early, and when I can stay awake at night without falling out of my chair. I guess I need to work on all of those things, huh? Well, I guess I gotta go.

No comments: